Monday, August 9, 2010

Christmas in August

Friday I did something I don't think I'll ever forget. I purchased ornaments, Christmas ornaments, in August. When it was all said and done, I had four carts of ornaments.

Now, to my defense:
a) the ornaments were sold in boxes that didn't bend (I tried)
b) they were big boxes ('cause they had big ornaments in 'em)
c) the carts were small (obviously not designed with large purchases in mind. I'm going to suggest they look into Cosco-sized carts.)
d) I'm decorating a 12' tree
e) 'nuff said.

The lady checking me out looked like I had four heads (one for each cart?). "Wow, you're going to have one heck of a tree!"...I blushed and said, "oh, this is only round one". hehe

Thankfully I wasn't alone and had help pushing the carts and loading up the car. The store manager, Nate, and I are now on a first name basis. Actually, when I was in the store a few nights earlier, he gave me the heads up on the ornament sale. Score!

...and to all a good night!