Thursday, June 17, 2010

Meant to be

Recently our Target started giving out coupons at random. I asked the cashier one day what I had to do to get one of the coveted random coupons. She said, "uhm, I dunno". "Oh. Okay. Thanks for clearing that up for me!"

Every time I'd check out of Target I'd have my fingers crossed that I'd get one of the magical coupons. (Yes, I started to build them up in my head as being magical- don't judge!) One day, after many weeks of finger crossing, I get one!

HOORAY!

"Buy three Lean Pockets, save .75". Oh. Not as magical as I was hoping for, but at least I've broken the spell. I quickly file it away in my coupon organizer (which, if you don't have one, I highly suggest investing in it...best $1.50 I've spent!)

About a week later, I check out of Target (yes, I might have a slight obsession with Target, but seriously, who doesn't?) and GUESS WHAT?! The magical coupon printer pops out another coupon! Figuring it was another Lean Pocket coupon, I just asked the lady to put it in the bag with the receipt. (If it was as lame as the last coupon, I didn't want to cry in public, I'd rather do it in the safety of my own home...)

So I get home, unpack and look at the receipt and coupon. My eyes bugged out of my head a little. "Free 8x8 Shutterfly photo book, up to $29.99 value!"

WHAT?! I didn't even cross my fingers! This is fantastic! This is amazing, oh gosh, I might faint! I steady myself on the counter, and then realize, now I can print out my portfolio, in a hawt little book...for FREE!

And that's exactly what I did. I uploaded photos, dragged and dropped them in the photo book, entered the code at the bottom of my magical coupon and that was that! All I paid for was shipping!

I couldn't have been more excited when, in less than five days, guess what shows up in our mailbox?! My portfolio! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! It is beautiful and shiny and perfect.

Thank you Target and your magical coupon printer for helping me out when I needed it most! Somethings really are meant to be!