Sunday, June 6, 2010

Mothers and daughters


Growing up we had our biological aunts, and then our parents friends who were such a big part of our lives, that they too got dubbed "aunt".

In high school, my parents became friends with Craig...who married Lynda, who had children the same time my parents did. Uncle Craig and Aunt Lynda have been there for it all...their oldest daughter is my age (I'm the youngest of three) and they have two children younger than me.

When my parents got married, Uncle Craig was one of their groomsmen even!

Since we grew up the street from each other, their oldest and I (since we were the same age) were besties. It wasn't until my family moved to Florida and Uncle Craig and Aunt Lynda's middle child, Caitlin, came to visit my sister for a week.

My sister became really busy during her visit and since it was summer and I was home, Caitlin and I suddenly realized, "hey, we have a lot in common..." and so a best friendship was born.

When I got married four years ago, Caitlin was in our wedding. The night of my bachelorette party, I made my three girls tank tops. My sisters said, "I'm the BIG little sister"...my other bridesmaids said, "We've been best friends since third grade"...and Caitlin's said "We've been best friends since I was in utero".

Caitlin comes and visits the hubs and I every chance she can, which is why our guest room is actually called "Caitlin's Room" (you know, until we have a kid and all...)

Last month Caitlin and her mom (my Aunt Lynda) came to have a girls weekend with my mom and I in Ohio! We took this photo in one of the shops on our town square (yeah, our town has a historic square, its soooooooo Norman Rockwell!)

How fun is it to see the mothers and daughters! I love this picture; the moms in the middle flanked by the kids :) It just makes me smile (oh, and for some reason, neither Caitlin or I is standing next to our mom, for some reason we switched moms for the photo!) haha
Posted by Picasa