Wednesday, October 28, 2009

There is something so wrong with these candles

The mail at work usually consists of two things, magazines and bills. This morning when the mail came, there was big envelope from Pottery Barn, address to me!

I open, excited for the possibilities that await me, and find a letter. Hu?

Dear Erin,
Welcome to your new home! It's good to have you in the neighborhood.

Uhm...there are so many things wrong with this letter. Let me first state the obvious. This is my WORK address, not home. I've worked here (not lived here) for 4 1/2 years.

To help 'welcome' me, there were 10% off coupons inside! Yippy! Also included in the package was the latest catalog. I heart Pottery Barn's catalogs and all the super expensive layouts that fill the pages.

I came across this one page though, #65, and couldn't believe what I was looking at. Click here for the photo. A set of four candles, all shaped like woodland creatures. Ok, the part about having woodland creatures doesn't bother me half as much as the fact that their wicks are on the TOP of their heads!

This makes me think that once they are burned for about an hour, the raccoons eyes will start to droop, the wise owl will look like he's got a disability and the porcupine will loose his ears!

However, this bunch of friendly woodland creatures can join your holiday tablescape for just $14!

Sucha deal!