Tuesday, January 5, 2010

New Years Reso-WHA?

I've never been a resolution maker. I'm more of a 'I make my mind up, and I stick to it' kinda girl, you know?

So when this time of year rolls around, I always get a little, what's the word, irritated by everyone asking "whats your resolution?" I don't have one. I never have one. Oh wait, I take that back, last year I did have one. Ready?

To actually STOP at all stop signs.

See, when I make a resolution, its not even a good one. I suuuuuuuuuuck at resolutions. So I stopped making them.

Three years ago I wanted to stop eating fried foods, done. But it was because I signed up to the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer 3day walk (60 miles in 3 days) so I embraced my inner health foodie...it worked out well, I was 'sober' for almost two years! But it wasn't a resolution, it was a choice.

That's what I think bothers me about this time of year. Yes, its exciting that its a new year and everything *should be fresh, but honestly, you are still the same person wanting the same burger and fries today (January 5th) as you were on July 4th.

If you wanna make a resolution to say, "eat healthier" (because that's what everyone says and I gotta tell you, hearing it over and over and over makes me want to shove a Frosty at them to shut their hole) then just make the freakin' change. Don't call it a resolution; your making a CHANGE.

And now, I'm getting off my soap box. Thank you.

(and if you think I'm a little cranky today, I am. I'm still having sleep issues...damn sheep!)