Monday, November 1, 2010

100th Post

Halloween was one of my favorite holidays growing up. Not because of the candy or because of the costumes, but because it was the one day every year I could knock on a strangers door, it would open and I would get to sneak a peak into their home. (The candy was always a huge bonus...)

Some people feel destined to become a singer. Some hope they will be a great doctor. Some wander around in life until their calling finds them.

I have been blessed to know what I've wanted to do since I was eight. I want to design. I want to create beautiful places for people to live and play and eat in. I want to make people smile when they walk into a space.

Being able to use this blog as a means to sharing my passion with people makes me feel good. Some days I get ready to write here and fall short of what I actually want to say. How do I balance my quirky, child-like side with the professional "Please-take-me-serious" side? I'm still trying to figure that out.

In the mean time, I can't wait to have children and take them trick or treating so we can knock on doors together and I can sneak a peak at peoples homes again! hehe