Thursday, December 9, 2010

Christmas around the house: Day 3

The tree topper. Some people have star tree toppers...or use a bow with ribbon cascading down the sides of their tree. Some people use a family heirloom passed down from generations. Some people don't use any tree topper at all.

If you know me, you know I LOVE Lucille Ball. Everything about Lucy makes me giggle. I grew up watching every episode with my siblings and have looked up to her my whole life. She was silly and colorful and modest and smart at the same time. To me, Lucy stands as a symbol of what I want to be when I grow up. A good wife, great mother, smart business woman all the while making people laugh.

Last year my dad gave the hubs and I a Lucy tree topper for Christmas and I could not wait to put her up. (But we had an angel already on the top, so we decided to wait until this year.)

And it was TOTALLY worth the wait. She was a little heavier than the angel, so I had to, uhm, rig-it from falling down...or tipping the tree and shmooshing all my Lucy ornaments, but I got it! (btw ,shmooshing is totally a word; just look it up...) Check her out: