Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Insert foot

Remember a few weeks ago, my post about The Help? Well...if you don't, then scroll down a little and read it, then come back up here.

Ok, WOW- you're a super quick reader! You didn't scroll down, did ya? Nah...its cool, I understand people have things to do; you want to just get to the good stuff, right? Like, just stop talking Erin and just tell the story! Hehe, okay, okay...

I'm talking to my remodeler today and the topic of 'insert foot' comes up. Like, "have you ever needed to insert your foot into your mouth around a client"...and, thankfully I didn't have a time this happened (or at least, if it did happen, I've blocked it from my memory, which makes me thankful- but in this case, I didn't have a funny story to tell!) however, he did. (He's always good for an awesome story!)

"...so my old business partner and I are in a new clients house, walking around meeting with the wife. Now, keep in mind, my old partner was never very good in interpersonal communications. He sucks at talking to people he doesn't know. So we're standing there with the wife, when the husband comes in holding a bag, which he (my old partner) thought was Chinese food. He says, "Oh, hey there, what, did you bring us some Chinese food for lunch? Man, that was really nice of you!" The husband looks down at the bag and says, "This is our dog. He died and I had to pick up his ashes. He was cremated." Insert foot."

He said that it was the most awkward 15 minutes after the Chinese food incident, and needless to say, they didn't get the job.

There's a bunch more where that came from...just wait!